Friday, October 20, 2006

Bad day

Today wasn't the best day in my life. When I woke up everything was OK, but after OT we were walking by a kindergarten with Szabi, a few kids came to us and they were standing by the fence. They were so cute, Szabi was smiling at them, they were smiling, too and were spoking to me. Suddenly a little boy came to us and said: Yeah, he has very funny teeth! I wondered that it didn't hurt me and I wasn't angry about it or sg. else. But it bitched my day. In my mind suddenly appeared one of Ava's grandma's blog, the 'What if...' and I felt myself more and more worse... I have to face a few things what I didn't want to own up to myself: eating problems for example. Half a year ago it was not too bad, Szabi did his meals well, but since he didn't develop too much, he eats lumpy food, but with sauce only, he doesn't eat bread or 'dry' foods only cookies, salty sticks and so on... And the nights: he was a very good sleeper, and he is a good sleeper now, too, but he only falls asleep at 9 pm and wake up at 7-7:30 am, I think it isn't enough for a 1,5 yr old little boy. After lunch he has a 3 hours long nap, which I have to shorten, today I woked up him after 1,5 hour, but he is not sleeping now, although I put him in his crib at 7:20 pm and now it is 8:20... He is not crying or sg. like this, simply he is not sleeping... I cannot beleive this!!! I hope that the clock-retooling wil be good for us and I can exploit it.
And his speach! He says nothing meaningful, he makes the sounds so strange, but at least if he has cheerfulness he is using baby-language, of course with so strange sounds and noises, but most of the time he is in 'shut-up-mode' as Nancy used to write at Erik :)
Okey, girls, I feel a little better now, that I could complained to you :))))))
I better go and watch my favourite series, the Mc Leods' daughters...
Love, Kati (and Szabi who is not sleeping yet!!!!! ggrrrrrrrr)

5 comments:

Kerry said...

You know, many of the things you wrote about happen with ALL children, not just WS - my girlfriend's daughter woke at 4 AM every day, played until 6 PM that night and then went to bed with no naps; another friend's daughter only ate Macaroni and cheese in toddler days and still only does at 8 years old; another friend's son took his naps pretty regularly and went to bed by 7:30 PM, but had to be CONSTANTLY busy or he'd act out...

Szabi CAN eat "dry" foods - he likes cookies you said, he just doesn't like bread, no biggie; sleeping from 9 PM to 7:30 AM with a 3 hour nap is GREAT, for ANY kid. I often talk about the no-talking WS thing with people because it is ironic our kids don't talk now but they will be MOTORMOUTHS in a few short years and we will all be complaining about that!! :)

You are doing a great job Kati- and go ahead and VENT VENT VENT away! I just wanted you to know to give yourself a break because you are doing GREAT! :) Happy weekend!!

Lisa said...

Emma is my three hour nap girl still...she usually skips her sat nap or it is a very short one and then takes a 3 hour one on Sunday... 9-730 is about how long she sleeps on average...I think that is great for Szabi. I'd let him nap as long as he wants, gives you more you time.

I wish I cold stay away from bread...:) I agree with Kerry. You are doing great and are super Mom. Hang in there :)
Love :)

Nancy said...

A big hug to you...I hope the weekend is better for you.

xoxox

Teresa and Shawn said...

Kati - I am sorry you had a bad day. We have all been there. Your little boy is so precious! He reminds me of a male version of Clare, especially since they're only weeks apart in age. But yours is mobile!!

Ava's Grandma Kim said...

Oh, it hurts sometimes when we think about all the things our babies and grandbabies can't do. I cried Saturday because Ava doesn't understand "Peekaboo". But I think I was crying for myself, not for Ava. Anyway, you can vent all you want. That's what this blog thing is all about! Be kind to yourself, friend.