Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Update

Yesterday we went to the neurologicist just to controll Szabi's development... The doc surprised me, he said that we needn't have to come back for controls, only if we need some paper, but he is very happy when he sees Szabi is doing well, but that's all. There were no examinations or tests, just wrote a memo that Szabi is walking stably but his moving is a little lumpy and he is not speaking yet. I don't know if I jump for joy ( -1 doc!!!) or be frustrated.
Today we went to the preschool, too, I was very proud of Szabi, he took his nanny's hand and walk into the room with her, looked at the children and in the next second he walked away for play. He looked at me a few times while I was speaking with the nanny, when I called him he came to me but he wasn't so happy while we left the preschool :)))))) Official his first day will be 5th March. All of his groupmates are healthy, cute kids, I hope that it is the best choice for him. He'll get OT twice a week just as now, but his therapists will change. I try not to worry about this, because I think he didn't make a big friendship with his 2 OT, he is only love with his PT (but fortunately she won't change). His OT will be in the preschool, I am not contented with it, but I have no other chioce if I want him in a healthy group. Before the ws diagnosis we were here a few times for PT, but I felt that these therapist were a little regretful and disdainful with us. When the ws turned out they wanted me to give Szabi into their preschool in the injured group. I said no, so I think there will be a little stress between us....but I don't mind... in the worst case they won't do anything with Szabi :DDDDD He'll take this 2 hours per week with them, I think.
The good news it that I have 77 days time off work, I'll go back to work on 8th March, but with this holiday I have to go back only the end of June!!!! My boss said that he'll be happy if I'll be on holiday in July ( I have 25 days time off remained in 2007) so if everything goes well I have to work only from 18th July!!!! Hurray!!!!!!! Of course my boss asked if we want another baby.... I said yes, the sooner we can, it'll be the best for us and the best for my workplace, too (not to go back and have a baby after a year for example). he wasn't so surprised, he didn't get a shock or anything else ;)
Okay, no more news today, but here are a few pic for you!!!
1. Szabi helps cleaning up
2. Reading with daddy
3. Tea-time!

5 comments:

Kerry said...

How cool on the preschool front. My mind would totally be at ease with him there, knowing he is having a great time. I'm sure his new OTs will fall in love with him :)

GREAT news on the work front too... it's so nice when everything works out!!!!
Love -Kerry

Nancy said...

I bet Szabi will love his school!

Enjoy the remainder of your time off! You deserve it!

Teresa and Shawn said...

I am glad Szabi seems to enjoy preschool. That must be a little scary for you! I am wary of sending Jamie, never mind Clare!!

Szabi is getting so big - how cute is he!!

Teresa

Aspen said...

Kati...I love the pictures. I know exactly what you mean by celebrating the cut of a doctor or to fear that cut. I am in the middle of that decision myself.

Give Szabi a big kiss from us!

Lisa said...

Like always terrific pictures....Sounds like you just have a lot of good things going on right now...school, work and best of all a good doc visit :)