Monday, January 22, 2007

Curious little boy

I became a little more optimistic in the past 1-2 weeks because Szabi discovered that if he points onto sg. his crazy mom and dad say the name of the thing. So this little man goes to anywhere with his forefinger and points, looks and memorizes...and again, other thing, points, looks, memorizes.... I'm in love with him but this kind of play sometimes a little boring (and nerve-racking... for example when he is in his high chair and instead of eating he points table, chair, plate, glass, spoon, wall, shelf, lamp one ofter one...and again...and again... and if I stop he became resentful... with smaller or bigger hissy, of course :DDDDDD But I am so proud of him, because I see that he's gonna speak sometime in the future!!!!! Up to this time he pointed out for only our asking 'where is the dog, cat????' etc., but now this is some other! He became curious for the name of the things.... or maybe he only enjoys that he controls his parents' speech?
Love, Kati

7 comments:

Nancy said...

He will be saying those words soon! Trust me on this one!

Do you have a picture book of household items or animals? That helps a lot, too. I point at the pictures and ask Erik what they are. He is an expert now!

Nancy said...

He will be saying those words soon! Trust me on this one!

Do you have a picture book of household items or animals? That helps a lot, too. I point at the pictures and ask Erik what they are. He is an expert now!

Nancy said...

He will be saying those words soon! Trust me on this one!

Do you have a picture book of household items or animals? That helps a lot, too. I point at the pictures and ask Erik what they are. He is an expert now!

Kati said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kati said...

Fortunately Szabi is crazy for books, I bought different kind of animal and household items books for him.... the joke is that Szabi loves his favourite 4 or 5 books, the others are mainly on the selves...maybe later...
But his favourite books are in his daily-routine :))))) I start to get bored from his favourite rhymes :DDD I love when he gets his book from the self and bring it to us to read!
Love, Kati

Ps.: Nancy, you got up so early in the morning, did you??? Didn't my good-night-sleep-well-fairy arrive??? :)

Kerry said...

I'm glad to see you on the blog!! Missed you!!

That is SO GREAT he is chatting away like that! I did what Nancy said with my older son and it was refreshing to hear him know what he was talking about. Have fun!!

Nicole said...

Kati, That is so wonderful. Children have to understand the concept of pointing before they can really gain a vocabulary. I remember I was so excited when Ella first started pointing because I knew she would be talking shortly!! Keep up the good work.