Wednesday, November 22, 2006

PT at Hungary

As I promised I took a few photo yesterday to share with you how a PT goes here :) I am so curious what is the difference between therapies here and at you.
So, here are the pics:
At first a little warm-up with weights on his legs. He can walk and play with his favourite toys while watching others childrens' therapies.










Streching while swinging, after there is a short gym on the ground, a little massage etc.












Big ball, Szabi hated it a few weeks ago, nowadays this is not the favourite, but at least he tolerates it :)











Riding on the ball...












This is a swaying bench, he has to poise himself on it.
He has to walk through this hand-made seesaw not putting down his legs on the ground (to correct his wide-walking)

Climbing and/or jumping on the big ball :)

Stepping on the stairs :DDDD

Running just like mom does ...haha

This tool is like a skateboard, we used to spin and push him or he has to pull himself with his hands while he is on his belly.

And at the end of the therapy he used to do with the therapist a few somersaultes and make him to move like a barrow (on the last pic)

So, Szabi used to do these on a PT, it is a strange feeling while I look through these pics, it is so evident and natural for us to have therapies, but I am sorry that I am not on the 'other side', one of those moms who are only hearing these scary-stories about nontypical children. I can't imagine how much more time I have if we shouldn't go to these therapies.... maybe we were boring :DDDD

Love, Kati

5 comments:

Kerry said...

Thanks for the awesome pics! Brady is still too young to do the things Szabi does, but it all looks like fun! :)

Nancy said...

How interesting to see! Thank you for sharing!

We have done most everything that Szabi is doing. We did the weights for a few hours each morning, the exercise ball, stairs, and wheelbarrow walking.

It's nice to know that things are similar elsewhere in the world. For some reason, that is comforting to me. It must work!

Aspen said...

I love the new pictures! We too have used some of these exercises. The big ball and the walker/crawler. We do not however, have any other machines for Daven to use. In our small town, a facility such as this does not exist. Sometimes I fear that is the reason Daven seems to be so far behind. Thank you for sharing. I loved looking at them and seeing what else is being done.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Lisa said...

Wow he looks like they keep him busy. Thanks for the pictures...Tatum loves the ball...I guess it all changes once you are walking...

Teresa and Shawn said...

Oh my goodness - what a workout! I am exhausted just looking at the photos. Clare's PT isn't that hardcore yet (lucky for her!).