Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Update

Well, it was a long time since I posted, but unfortunately I have to lie by, because my cervix was shortening... I am in the 33. week, I hope we'll hold on for at least 4 weeks!!!
Szabi is doing well as usually, he loves daycare, has a few really cute buddies. He acts like a total 3 yrs old, wants to do everything alone: eating alone, peeing alone in the potty while he is standing :)))), doesn't want help while playing or walking on steps, just want to do everything ALONE!!!! Exhaustive....
I know he'll be able to go to kindergarten in september (in Hungary there is daycare 0-3 yrs and kindergarten 3-6 yrs old), the terms are potty-trained and eating alone, no speaking is no obstruction... but I really have to think it over.... His favourite buddy, Claudia (who is a beautiful hungarian-italian little girl) is going to the same kindergarten, where I want to enroll Szabi. He likes her very much and this little girl is mothering Szabi all day :))))) This is a plus point to the kindergarten. Second: the kindergarten is at the end of our street, only have to walk 5 minutes (to the daycare we have to go by car!) Third: Szabi is a typical example, he acts like the other kids around him, so if he stays in a group where everybody is younger than him, there wouldn't be kids who are "pulling him up to the normal" if you know what I mean....
But: if everybody is cleverer and skilfuler than him, wouldn't it be harmful??? And another BUT: in his group there will be only children at age 3-4 yrs, and I intend to let him int the little group for 2 years, and let him step into the middle group and big group after 1-1 year.
I have half a year to decide what to do, but the enrolls are in March!
I envy you, that you don't have to make decisions like this such an early age... :))))
And my little boy is not speaking yet............ he uses baby-language when he wants, babbles fluently if he wants, telling a few main words like daddy, mom, no, yes, good, animal sounds, some names but still waiting for the big breakthrough!

7 comments:

Katie said...

i had the same thoughts with putting Jaiden into mainstream Pre-School as he also tends to try and do waht the others area doing. So far he is doing REALLY well - we still visit an Early intervention unit for 4 hours per week to help a bit, but i think the challenge of pre-school has been really good for him.
33 weeks! Not long now :) I hope the baby holds on a bit longer for you though!
Take care,
xxoo

Noel said...

I hope that the baby stays put a little longer too. I will be excited to hear the good news when it is here though!
You will make the right choice about school, mom always knows best.

Noel

Ava's Grandma Kim said...

Oh my goodness! The new baby is almost here! It must be difficult to rest with a busy boy at home:))

Nancy said...

Hope you are feeling well and the rest of your pregnancy and delivery go smoothly.

Hug your family for us!

Lisa said...

Hang in there it is almost over...Don't stress about schoold you always make the right choice and stress is no good for anone right now...I can not wait fo rthe baby to come :)

Tara said...

I hope he starts saying words before long for you. It really eased Payton's frustration would she could start communicating better. I can't believe you are already 33 weeks! I hope the baby hangs in there for a while longer....Hang in there.

Unknown said...

I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you all over here!

Anna