Friday, June 22, 2007

Remorse...

Yesterday I got big news from the daycare, Szabi peed in the potty.... all the other kids enthused over it, Szabi was really proud of himself. And today he did it again.... and why I have remorse??? Till yesterday I didn't have any motivation to start the potty training with him, I was thinking he isn't speaking, he can't tell me he needs to pee...so I underrated my son....and this was not the first time... Last week his nanny said that Szabi started to 'speak' in the daycare, although till that time he was in shut-up-mode. He said clearly: toy (of course in hungarian :))))) Okay, he is very vocal now, but he is babbling like a 1 yr old: baby, dad, mommy, this, that, no etc. (baba, apa, mami , ez, az, nem - in hungarian) But I thought that his only lucid word is the THIS (Szabi, what would you like, show me???? THISSSS!!!!!!!!!! = AAAAAAAAAAAAAZT!!!!!!!! )
I feel myself a little bad mom, I fell into the ws-trap :((((((((((
Of course I enthused over the potty-thing, too, I put out the potty and tried....and tried....and tried....Szabi spent only max. 10 sec on the potty and then ran away.... maybe he'll be sooner potty-trained at the daycare than at home :DDDDDD

Have a nice weekend for you, girls!!!!
Never underrate our kids :DDDDDDDDD

Love, Kati

7 comments:

Noel said...

Don't feel bad. We all under-rate our kids sometimes. I am glad that he is doing well at daycare witht he potty training...Abi does better at school then she does at home too.

Noel

Lisa said...

That is good news diapers are so pricy :) Emma always did better at school then home to....It won't be so bad potty training....Just follw daycares lead and let them do most of the work...that is why we pay them right?????

Aspen said...

Kati that's awesome! Talking and going potty...amazing. Underestimating Daven is my biggest flaw. I second guess everything he does, thinking it was just by chance.

Way to go! I am super happy for you now.

Katie said...

Thats Great!!
Dont worry, as Noel said - we all underestimate our kids sometimes.
Jaiden is always better at school than at home too - i think he knows he will get away with it at home!

Laura said...

That's great that he has become interested in going on the potty!
Don't beat yourself up about under estimating his abilities. I swear it's these kid's jobs to surprise us with all that they can do!

Nancy said...

Ah, don't be so hard on yourself. You are such a great mom!

Teresa and Shawn said...

It is a good lesson to learn. I have done the same thing to Clare (not over the potty, though). Yea to Szabi! Peeing in the potty is HUGE!!